MultiBackground is a lightweight and flexible WordPress plugin based on the jQuery plugin with the same name for creation and manipulation of powerful and beautiful backgrounds. It supports various background types such as a solid color, gradient, image, pattern, video, google maps etc. Furthermore it allows some background types to react to events, such as scrolling, which results in various interesting effects like parallax. It is supported by most major browsers and mobile devices.
The background technique is straightforward & pretty simple and can be used for background for almost any type of content.
One of the best features is support for multiple background layers of different types (see the examples in the live preview).
- WordPress 3.5+ compatible
- Beautiful and easy-to-use user interface
- Awesome parallax effects
- Shortcodes for easy integration
- Insert background elements straight from the editor
- Supports multiple background elements
- Each background element supports multiple layers of different types
- Easily integrate backgrounds with any element on your site
- Various background types: solid color, gradient, image, pattern, html5 video, youtube video, vimeo video, google maps, iframe etc.
- Import/Export settings
- Thorough documentation
- Compatible with most modern browsers
- Valid HTML5/CSS3
- Based on a powerful FREE jQuery plugin
- Easy to use developer API
- And much more…
All images used in the preview & screenshots are NOT included in the download package. All assets used in the preview are freely distributed for non commercial use under the Creative Commons license.
1.0 – Initial release
- This is the initial release of this plugin.