Split is a responsive high resolution magazine, news & blog theme. With a unique split post layout, article images stand out.
- Sticky article title and image
– Article title, image and social share links are always visible as you scroll down to read more.
- Related posts & post nav
– Motivate your readers to explore more articles on your website with related posts and links to previous and next article.
- Footer ads
– Prepared footer widget area for leaderboard ads can be enabled.
- 100% High resolution
– Awesome sharpness on retina screens and other high resolution devices. No compromise anywhere.
- Ultra responsive
– This theme will scale down beautifully from a full hd resolution down to a low resolution mobile phone.
- Post formats
– Easily show video, audio, image and gallery sliders with the most used post formats available.
- Extensive styling options
– Set any of unlimited accent colors for the theme and other specified areas in seconds.
- Unlimited widget areas
– There is no limit to how many widget sidebars you can create. Each widget area can be assigned to a unique page, post or standard WP sections.
- Almost zero images
– With Font Awesome, CSS and a modern flat look this theme manages to load only a few images total for the whole layout, depending on layout choice.
- Set the website max-width
– You choose how wide you want your website to be via the admin panel. With a neat numeric slider, it’s one click away.
- 0-4 Footer widget columns
– Use anything from no footer widgets all the way up to 4 columns. A personal favourite is 3 columns for good space on all devices.
- Font selection
– Choose from a list of some good-looking fonts supplied via Google Fonts. Latin Extended and Cyrillic options included.
- Social links
– Easily add your own social links to your header and footer. Use any of 605 icons. Set a unique color for each if you want.
- Integrated share counts
– Sharrre is inlcuded which gives you high-res share buttons and counts for each article. Not a fan of social media? Just disable them.
- Flexible layout options
– Set sidebars on any post or page. You can also specify for home, single, archive, category, search and error 404 pages.
- Backend theme options
– Great customization ability directly from the theme options panel without having to touch any code at all.
- Good SEO
– The markup is search engine optimized to allow the best possible result for your website.
- Straightforward code
– A WordPress theme code structure that is easy to work with. No layer upon layer with bloated code.
- Custom built widgets
– Includes widgets to display responsive video, tabbed content, post lists and other neat features.
- Custom logo upload
– Upload your own custom logo with a few simple clicks. No logo yet? Use the standard plain-text option.
- Custom page templates
– Page templates for things such as a childpage menus are included. The layout options are many.
- Cross-browser support
– Compatible with the latest versions of modern browsers – Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE8 or 9+.
- Localisation support
– Translate into any language you wish using the included .po/.mo files. Everything you need to get started
- OptionTree framework
– Fully integrated OptionTree, a fantastic theme options framework that is easy to work with. Created by Derek Herman.
- Full child theme support
– The theme has been built with child themes in mind. All functions and files are pluggable and easy to work with.
Curious about the backend settings and overall code quality of the theme? Read the reviews of my free theme here to hear what others think.