WooCommerce Social Login allows your customers to link their store accounts with a social media account for easier, faster checkout. Customers no longer have to remember yet another username and password. Instead, they can use their preferred social network to create an account for your site for a frictionless checkout experience every time they visit.
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Social Login and read the next section to learn how to setup and configure the plugin.
- One click registration.
- Integrate your store’s customer accounts with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Windows Live, VK (VK.com), Instagram, PayPal and Amazon.
- Make account access and checkout easy and seamless – customers don’t need to remember another username and password.
- Improve security and increase trust by using social sign-on
- Auto Integrate on checkout page.
- Includes a short code, [woocommerce_social_login_buttons return_url=”“], that can be used to place the social login buttons on any page, as well as a widget that can be used in any widget area.
- Ability to set custom redirect URL on which user will get redirected after they login with social media.
- View number of sign-ups for each social network.
- Offer to link accounts on the “My Account” page and “Order Received” page for easier checkout in the future.
- clean & user friendly
- To use WooCommerce Social Login, you must have pretty permalinks enabled. Go go to Settings > Permalinks and select anything but the default option.
- To allow sign in with Amazon, you must use an SSL for your “My Account” and “Checkout” pages. This is a requirement from Amazon.
- To use the Twitter integration, your hosting provider must have cURL enabled. The plugin will display a notice if you try to use Twitter sign in and cURL is not available.
- Using bbPress? The username generated by a social login will be the customer’s email, which unfortunately bbPress displays for some reason instead of a display name.
Social Login buttons can be used on the “My Account” and “Checkout” pages, as well as on the “Thank You” page:
My Account : Checkout : Thank You :
Social Login Options :
- Display Social Login on – This controls where the social login options are displayed:
- Checkout: Within the checkout “Log In” Notice
- My Account: On the “My Account” page login
- Checkout Notice: Within a unique Notice on the checkout page (recommend this OR Checkout, not both)
Please note that if a user is logged in (including you), s/he won’t see social login options. The goal is to make your checkout experience seamless, so introducing a distraction at checkout when user information is already there hinders this.
- Display “Link Your Account” button on Thank You page – This will display a notice on the top of the Order Received page to ask logged in users to link their account for faster checkout in the future.
- Social Login Display Text – This controls the text displayed to users above the social login buttons.
- Force SSL for all Providers – Enable this to force all callback URLs (when returning to your site) to use SSL (you must have an SSL certificate installed).
- Providers – List of connected providers; drag and drop to change the display order on the frontend.
Once you’ve created your apps and configured the plugin, there’s nothing else that needs to be done from the admin side. If you’d like some insight into how this is used, you can view WooCommerce > Reports > Customers and go over to “Social Registration”. This graphic will show you total registration based on social network:
You can also view this information by visiting your “Users” menu, where you’ll see a new column for “Social Profiles”. This will display which accounts have been linked for a customer.
Shortcodes and Widgets :
WooCommerce Social Login provides both a shortcode and widget for shop admins to display social login buttons anywhere they’d like to on their website. Note that buttons from shortcodes or widgets are not displayed to logged in users, as they’ve already logged into your site. They can link accounts from the “My Account” page.
You can use this shortcode:
[woocommerce_social_login_buttons return_url=""] to display the Social Login message and buttons for any activated networks. The
return_url attribute is the page to which customers will be redirected after signing in. We recommend the “My Account” page, but you can use any URL for a page / post on your site.
You can also use the WooCommerce Social Login widget to add social login buttons to your sidebar or any widget area. The Return URL does the same thing here – it’s the page you want to redirect customers to after using the social sign in.
Please see the Documentation of the plugin to learn how to use the plugin.
If you have any suggestions or you find a problem, call me ASAP!… i’m eager to get suggestions and ready to solve bugs!